British-based managed services provider continues ambitious growth strategy to consolidate market position with third acquisition in 6 months
Claranet, one of Europe’s leading managed services providers, has acquired the French hosting company Typhon, for a total consideration of £3.4m.
The acquisition of Typhon follows acquisitions earlier this year of Star Technology Services (in November) in a deal valued at £55m; and Portuguese hosting service provider CGEST (in July). This latest acquisition further confirms Claranet’s position as the largest mid-tier provider of integrated hosting and network services in the UK and continental Europe.
Founded in 2005 and based in Paris, Typhon is recognised as a specialist in web and open source hosting services. The acquisition broadens still further Claranet’s existing service portfolio, and sees the Claranet Group grow to over 700 employees, with over 4,700 customers and operations in six European markets. The new combined Group will have annual revenues of over £124m.
Charles Nasser, CEO and Founder of the Claranet Group, stated:
This announcement confirms our ambition to become the clear leader for managed services across Europe, while the acquisition of Typhon also positions Claranet as the leading provider for web hosting and applications in France.”
“Claranet’s mission is to provide services that help its customers make the most of internet-enabled technology, and to achieve the benefits this can deliver for their business. The three acquisitions this year move Claranet a major step forward in terms of our growth and capabilities, which would otherwise have taken us many years to achieve organically,” he added.
“Becoming part of the Claranet Group will create new opportunities for our customers, partners and employees, and they will all benefit from Claranet’s pan-European operations, its strong financial footing and the expanded services portfolio,” stated Jules Vo Dinh, MD and co-founder of Typhon.
The acquisitions have been funded through debt and supported by Claranet’s partnerships with The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Ares Capital Europe and Abry Partners, which demonstrate their confidence in Claranet’s growth strategy.
Find out more:
- CBR Online - British Claranet buys French Typhon for £3.4m
- Channel Biz - Claranet moves in on French web hosting firm Typhon
- Data Center Dynamics - Claranet buys French hosting specialist Typhon
- Equities - Claranet swoops on Typhon
- Global Security Magazine - Claranet makes second acquisition in a month with the purchase of Typhon, an Open Source hosting and application specialist
- Techbubbles - 4G is more relevant to business than consumers
- Techworld - 4G will benefit businesses before consumers: Claranet
- iNooz - British Claranet buys French Typhon for £3.4m
- Microscope - Claranet buys French Typhon to realise continental ambition
- News Blaze -
Claranet swoops on Typhon(Defunct link)
- Road Runner - British Claranet buys French Typhon for £3.4m
- SYS-CON Media - Claranet swoops on Typhon
- The Data Chain - Claranet swoops on Typhon
- The WHIR - Claranet acquires French web host Typhon for $5.51
- Telecompaper - Claranet acquires Typhon for GBP 3.4 million