Optimising the availability, performance and security of your online store
We understand that your ecommerce site needs to be continually tuned to deliver the right customer experience and must be built on infrastructure that can scale in line with demand. Claranet focus our expertise on maintaining and improving the availability, performance and security of your ecommerce site with a dedication that offers you peace of mind.
Freeing you to focus on growing your business
Server and hypervisor management options
- Web service
- Claranet provide an instance of an operating system that is running web server software such as Microsoft IIS or Apache. Claranet manage the infrastructure up to the web server configuration level. You upload new code to a holding area, and then raise a change request for Claranet to make the code ‘live’. To protect your site availability you cannot access the operating system or web server configuration to make changes. Claranet can also manage one or more server roles.
- Database service
- Claranet provide an instance of an operating system that is running database server software such as Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. Claranet manage the infrastructure up to the database server configuration level. You can access the database instance using database tools to perform queries. To protect your database availability you cannot access the operating system or database server configuration to make changes. Any changes or additions to database structure are submitted via change request. Additional database servers can be added to create a segregated database environment.
- Self-service hypervisor
- Claranet provide a virtualisation hypervisor on compute hardware dedicated to you. You use a self-service portal to provision and change virtual machines, and carry the responsibility for managing all Operating Systems, applications and databases.
- Managed hypervisor
- Similar to the self-service hypervisor except that all provisioning is performed by Claranet.
- URL test
- We can perform regular automated test that tests if a web site is functioning as expected, triggering alerts if a test fails.
Hardware management options
- Firewall with internet breakout
- Secures incoming and outgoing traffic, traffic between servers and breakout to the internet from hosting servers or a Claranet MPLS network.
- Load balancer
- Distributes incoming network traffic evenly between multiple servers performing the same role.
- Connects physical hardware such as servers and SANs to the physical network.
- SSL certificates
- Facilitates encrypted communications with a website and to confirm to a user that a server is not impersonating another.
- Storage and backup
- Provides disk based storage on which to store data, and allow data to be recovered if accidentally deleted and within a certain time window.
Flexible management levels
How we work with you
Our expert solution architects and account teams work with you to design the right solution for your needs. We consider your requirements concerning your eCommerce site availability, performance and security, now and in the future, balancing your attitude to cost and risk. We provide discussion documents, business cases, proposals and clear Statements of Works.
We install and configure your hosting solution so you don’t have to. You get an assigned project owner and delivery engineer as standard. For more complex solutions Claranet will produce customer specific ‘runbook’ documentation that contains relevant detail about your application.
We take care of the ongoing 24x7 management and monitoring of your service. However, you retain the control you need with access to around the clock UK support. Choose the level of management that is right for you.
Circumstances and objectives change. Working with an understanding of your business and new technologies and services, our teams are available to work with you on your strategic planning and roadmap development.
eCommerce hosting business benefits
Choose the level of management that is right for you
Working with us feels like a natural extension to your team
Free up your team to focus on growing your business