MSP moves to strengthen Amazon Web Services and DevOps expertise
Managed services provider (MSP) Claranet has acquired UK-based AWS specialist Bashton Limited. The acquisition, which follows and complements the acquisitions Claranet made last year of LinuxIT and Techgate in the UK, will enable Claranet to further develop its DevOps capabilities and to better support customers’ complicated and diverse applications on public cloud infrastructure.
Established in 2004 and based in Warrington, Bashton is focused on helping customers run mission critical dynamic web applications on AWS infrastructure. The company, which works primarily with retail and media customers, has developed expertise which allows the rapid creation of environments within AWS. The company also has considerable expertise in DevOps tooling, which enables customers to rapidly deploy code updates into their web application, as well as, monitor and improve performance. Bashton’s annual revenues are £1.2 million and the company counts ITV, Odeon, BBC Worldwide, Liverpool Football Club, made.com and Virgin Holidays amongst its customers.
Bashton bolsters Claranet’s ability to deliver managed application hosting services on any combination of private and public cloud infrastructure. The expanded Claranet Group has annual revenues of £165 million, over 1,000 staff and over 5,500 customers in the UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain and Portugal.
Michel Robert, Claranet UK’s Managing Director, commented:
Bashton was a natural company to join Claranet and follows a number of strategically-important acquisitions we have made in the past year across Europe to enhance our public cloud capabilities. The development of managed services on third-party clouds is a key focus for Claranet, and the skills and experience brought by Bashton go a long way to helping us to manage more complex applications in these environments.
As cloud adoption increases, the real value we can add as a managed services provider is in our expertise, tooling and automation capabilities, such as those offered by Bashton. We are therefore focused on further developing our advanced hosting capabilities to streamline our customers’ operations and underpin the evolution of our managed application hosting services.”
Sam Bashton, Bashton’s Founder and Director, added:
Claranet’s application-centric approach to combining hosting and networking services, including its Cloud Connect service into AWS, demonstrates a solid understanding of the challenges faced by businesses today. I am very confident that Bashton customers will benefit from Claranet’s capabilities. I’m especially pleased to be joining Claranet to help strengthen and contribute to the future development of its public cloud capabilities.”
Claranet Cloud Practice across Europe
100+ AWS accreditations delivering a local service
To offer you the highest quality local service we have brought together a team of the best AWS engineering talent across Europe to share best practice. Building on the strong track record of leading AWS specialists; Bashton in the UK, Morea in France and Celingest in Spain, Claranet are focused on producing the best work that gives our customers a competitive edge.
- Claranet buys Bashton to boost AWS skills - Megabuyte - 19.02.2016
- Claranet acquires Bashton support managed public cloud drive - CCI - 19.02.2016
- Claranet bolsters public cloud offering with Bashton acquisition - ChannelBiz - 19.02.2016
- Claranet acquires AWS specialist Bashton - ChannelPro - 19.02.2016
- Claranet acquires Bashton to support managed public cloud drive - Comms Dealer - 19.02.2016
- Claranet fine-tunes cloud strategy with acquisition - CRN - 19.02.2016
- Claranet UK acquires Bashton - Telecompaper - 19.02.2016
- Claranet acquires another consultancy with public cloud skill set - Structure Research - 19.02.2016
- MSP buys AWS Cloud, DevOps expert - Channele2e - 22.02.2016
- Claranet snaps up Bashton - Comms Business - 22.02.2016
- Claranet acquires Bashton to support managed public cloud drive - Digitalisation World - 22.02.2016
- Claranet buys Bashton Limited - ITProPortal - 22.02.2016
- Claranet continues to build cloud capabilities - MicroScope - 22.02.2016
- Claranet spends again with Bashton acquisition - TechMarketView - 22.02.2016
- Claranet swallows AWS MSP for web apps fun and frolics - The Register - 22.02.2016
- Managed service provider Claranet UK buys AWS and DevOps specialist Bashton - Find UK Hosting - 23.02.2016