Company will work with VMware to develop new enterprise services for the software-driven world
Claranet, a leading European managed IT services provider, today announced plans to capitalise on its expertise to drive growth in cloud and hosted services with VMware. Claranet intends to enhance its VMware-based services it provides to customers, as well as bolstering joint product, sales and marketing initiatives across EMEA to improve its reach.
Claranet will work with VMware to develop new cloud services, such as enhanced automation and orchestration of hybrid cloud services on an enterprise level, based on the latest VMware technologies, including VMware NSX™, vCloud Director® and vRealize™ Orchestrator™, while remaining a stable and dependable player in the managed services space. VMware will provide Claranet with the technical expertise to assist with service design, deployment and support for Claranet’s service offerings.
Recent customer success from Claranet’s VMware-based cloud solutions include providing Channel 5 with a scalable cloud platform to support business-critical digital applications. Claranet also supplied Peugeot with a VMware-powered managed application hosting programme, which enables it to deliver leading digital content.
Neil Thomas, Claranet’s Product Director, said:
We’re excited to further enhance our relationship with VMware. Our respective expertise in working with enterprise-level customers will allow us to open new doors that would otherwise remain shut. Claranet’s recent drive to supply application-led hosting services requires increased levels of automation and orchestration, from code and deployment to the infrastructure level – a space in which VMware excels. Working closely with VMware will enable us to supply a broader range of services, and keep up with the demands of our customers, which are quickly pushing beyond the confines of managed services providers’ traditional operations.”
Jean-philippe Barleaza, senior director, OEM, Systems Integrators and Service Providers, VMware EMEA, added:
Claranet is an important partner for VMware in delivering the software-defined data center to customers across EMEA. The company has been a VMware Premier Service Provider partner in the vCloud® Air™ Network since 2011, and we are pleased that our relationship continues to strengthen as more businesses realise the benefits of an agile, software-driven world.”
- Claranet States Cloud Intentions - Comms Business – 27/04/15
- Claranet to develop new cloud-based hosting services with VMware - Comms Dealer – 27/04/15
- Claranet & VMware in Hybrid cloud heaven - Computer Business Review – 27/04/15
- UK small businesses ‘ditching desktop for the cloud’ - PCR Online – 27/04/2015
- On going partnership is expanded to grow new enterprise services - Tech Investor News – 27/04/2015
- Claranet to develop new cloud-based hosting services - Cloud Services World – 28/04/2015
- Claranet to develop new cloud-based hosting services - DCS UK – 28/04/2015
- Claranet to develop new cloud-based hosting services - DCS EU – 28/04/2015
- Claranet to develop new cloud-based hosting services - Virtualisation World 365 – 28/04/2015
- Claranet expands cloud offering with VMware - Channel Biz – 29/04/2015
- Claranet to enhance VMware-based hosting services in EMEA - Telecom Paper – 29/04/2015