Pets at Home, the UK’s leading specialist retailer of pet food, accessories and services, has selected Claranet to supply and upgrade its wide area network (WAN) to underpin its growth plans and support the further development of a seamless shopping experience for its customers.
To achieve these aims the company is upgrading its core network and recognises the benefits of having a single, dedicated partner with the expertise and resources to help deliver its ambitious plans.
Claranet will roll out a brand new WAN to more than 400 retail locations and around 340 veterinary surgeries around the UK, to ensure the performance of the retailer’s business-critical applications, providing the foundations Pets at Home needs to underpin its seamless approach. With store connectivity being critical to the retailer’s operations, Claranet will also provide 3G MPLS connectivity as a back-up, meaning that the business can still process transactions securely in the event of a network outage.
Jamie Lowe, Infrastructure Manager at Pets at Home said: “As a business we have undergone, and are still undergoing, a significant amount of change as we look to broaden the services we offer and improve our customer’s experience. Connectivity in our retail estate is an essential commodity, and customers have come to expect a seamless experience when transacting with us, be it on our website, in our retail outlets, or in combination through click and collect. Having the right network in place to support us is critical. Moreover, we need the right support structures and mechanisms in place so that, as and when issues arise, they can be rectified straightaway."
Jamie Lowe continued:
“Migrating a network of this size and complexity comes with a number of risks but it was very clear early on that Claranet understood our plans for growth and have the right experience with projects such as this to provide the reliable service and support we need to underpin the business.”
Simon Bearne, Claranet’s UK sales director, added:
“We fully appreciate the importance of connectivity to Pets at Home’s business operations and growth ambitions so have designed a solution that meets their exact business needs. Shoppers can be extremely unforgiving of down time so we have placed an extra emphasis on reliability and uptime. With the new WAN and 3G MPLS, Pets at Home will be provided with an ultra-reliable network infrastructure that will support current and future internal and external communications, application and service delivery needs.”
- CBR online - Pets at Home adopts Claranet WAN
- Channel Biz - Pets at Home tunes up network with MSP Claranet
- Comms Business - Claranet wins Pets at Home contract
- Essential Retail - Pets at Home gets connected with Claranet as growth story continues
- Retail Systems - Connectivity key for Pets at Home
- Retail Times - Pets at Home adopts Claranet to underpin its customer-centric strategy
- Cloud Services World - Pets at Home adopts Claranet to underpin its customer-centric strategy
- Comms Dealer - Claranet wins Pets at Home contract
- DCS Europe - Pets at Home adopts Claranet to underpin its customer-centric strategy
- DCS UK - Pets at Home adopts Claranet to underpin its customer-centric strategy
- Telecom Paper - Claranet delivers new WAN for Pets at Home