Outline of the course:
A 1-day course that will teach you the foundations of penetration testing and how to find and exploit vulnerabilities within different technologies. This introductory course will train attendees in understanding penetration testing, and provide background information, risks and vulnerabilities associated with different systems and provide insight into how the mindset of a hacker works. Students will also get access to an online training environment platform which will be used to practice the concepts taught during the course.
Attendees will gain an understanding in the following topics:
- Understand different network topologies and addressing schemes
- Understand the properties and security of common network protocols and the network protocol stacks
- How to fingerprint, enumerate and exploit common Windows and Linux
- Misconfigurations and vulnerabilities
- Differentiate between types of wireless standards and understand the benefits and risks associated with these standards
- How to exploit common web application security flaws
Who should take this course?
System Administrators, Web Developers, IT Managers, Security Enthusiasts, anyone interested in Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking. (No prior experience is required to take this course)
What will this course cover?
To view the full course outline please click here