Your holistic and best practice security strategy
We can provide a Managed Firewall service at your site or from our Claranet Data Centres to protect your network and environment. This is available in physical or virtual formats, configured to your specifications. Your firewall is then monitored, measured for availability, and supported 24x7x365.
Why choose Claranet for Managed Firewall?
- UK support 24x7x365 included
- Virtual and physical options to match your need
- Unified threat management offers additional insight and protection to your network
- Firewall changes assessed and managed by our in-house Change Management team
Managed Firewall business benefits
Full suite of models offering varying capabilities required by today’s complex network environments
Full support and access to our Change Management function
Options to add or include unified threat management to increase security and insight (not available on the multi-tenant platform)
Managed Firewall overview
- 24x7x365 UK support
- 99.95% guaranteed availability (depending on solution)
- Request changes to your service through Claranet Online
- Full IPSec VPN support conforming with the latest security standards
- Physical and virtual models available to fit any sized environment and locale
- Session-replicating high availability, available with dual firewall environments to offer seamless operation and mitigation during failure events
- Full collection of traffic logs, daily configuration backups, and full availability and fault monitoring with pro-active customer communications in event of an issue
- Additional capabilities for URL filtering, anti-virus, IPS, intrusion prevention (IPS), application filtering and load balancing available
- Firewall(s) can be managed whilst located at your site or in one of our Data Centres
- More resilient solutions can be provided, where two firewalls are used to improve availability
- Various models of firewall are available depending on size of estate, amount of traffic and general requirements
- Additional features such as Unified Threat Management, basic load balancing and SSL VPN are available to purchase
- Co-Management is available for direct customer access and management of the device where desired
How we work with you
Understanding your business is paramount to ensuring that you have the right solution for your business outcomes. We make sure that you have the right information, the right recommendations, and the right services options available to you to achieve your business outcomes.
The Managed Firewall service is often a part of a larger Claranet hosting or network solution. We will help you to identify which elements and options are required, and how they should be configured to meet your requirements.
Once your order has been placed, Claranet will perform installation and configuration activities to build your solution in the Claranet data centre, or ready for delivery to your desired location.
Your business is managed by our Service Operations team who provide a pro-active, ITIL aligned service. You also have access to your customer portal, Claranet Online, where you can log service requests, incidents or requests for changes to the service.