This 2-day course cuts through the mystery of cloud services (including AWS, Azure and G-Cloud) to uncover the vulnerabilities that lie beneath. We will cover a number of popular services and delve into both what makes them different, plus what makes them the same, as compared to hacking and securing a traditional network infrastructure.
The course is available directly from Claranet Cyber Security or you can book through one of our partners. The course is now available as live, online training and can be delivered for you individually or for your company. Contact us below with your requirements.
- Pre-requisites & Audience
- Brochure Download
Whether you are an Architect, Developer, Pen Tester, Security or DevOps Engineer or anyone with a need to understand and manage vulnerabilities in a Cloud environment, understanding relevant hacking techniques and how to protect yourself from them is critical. This course covers both the theory as well as a number of modern techniques that may be used to compromise various Cloud services and infrastructure.
Introduction to Cloud Computing
- What is cloud and Why it matters
- Types of clouds and cloud services
- What changes from conventional security models
- Shared responsibility model (pizza as a service v2.0)
Attacking Cloud Services
- Conventional vs Cloud Infra Assessment
- Legalities around Cloud Pentesting
- How to approach Pentesting cloud services
- Understanding Metadata API
- Understand the attack surface in each type of cloud
- Enumerating for cloud assets
Gaining Entry in Cloud Environment
- Lambda attacks
- Web application Attacks
- Exposed Service ports
Attacking Specific Cloud Surfaces
- Storage Attacks
- Azure AD Attacks
- Financial Attacks
- IAM Attacks : Shadow admins
- Dormant assets
- Google Dorking in Cloud Era
Post - Exploitation
- Maintain access after the initial attack
- Post access asset enumeration
- Extracting secrets from Snapshot access
Defending the Cloud Environment
- Setting up Monitoring and logging of the environment
- Catching attacks using monitoring and logging
- Metadata API Protection
Host Base Defences for IAAS
- Windows server auditing
- Linux Server Auditing
Auditing and Bench-Marking of Cloud
- Prepare the environment for the audit
- Automated auditing using open source tools
- Golden Image / Docker image audits
- Relevant Benchmarks for cloud
- Continuous inventory monitoring
- Continuous monitoring to Detect changes in cloud environment
Who should attend
Cloud Administrators, Developers, Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers, SOC Analysts, Pen Testers, Network Engineers, security enthusiasts and anyone who wants to take their skills to next level.
Prior pen testing experience is not a strict requirement, however, some knowledge of Cloud Services and common command line syntax will be greatly beneficial.
Delegates must bring their own laptop and must either be able to launch a Docker Container provided by us, which includes all tools required for the course, or have root/admin access and be comfortable installing command line tools and downloading and building tools from source on GitHub, such as AWS CLI and Nimbostratus and more tools.
Other courses to further your knowledge
Lab-based training - written by Black Hat trainers.
These classes are ideal for those preparing for CREST CCT (ICE), CREST CCT (ACE), CHECK (CTL), TIGER SST and other similar industry certifications, as well as those who perform penetration testing on infrastructure or web applications as a day job and wish to add to their existing skill set.
Enquire about your training
We provide training directly (live, online or in person) and also work with a range of training partners in different locations around the globe for classroom or live, online training. Please contact us with details of your requirement and we will recommend the best route to access our amazing training.